Apple Cider Vinegar has so many applications and benefits! From boosting skin health, to cleaning and disinfecting, to adding into your favorite recipes, it really covers a wide range of uses. Today we are exploring the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar when included and used in a hair rinse, and we provide a recipe below. For those of you worried, we’ll put your mind at ease by saying although you’ll initially smell the ACV, fear not the scent does dissipate! Also, if you use the higher end of the number of drops of essential oil, it will really help to minimize the vinegar scent.
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse Benefits
- Works as an excellent scalp detox by helping to break down product buildup, excess oil and dead skin.
- Helps combat dryness, itchy scalp and dandruff by balancing the scalp and hair’s natural pH levels.
- Stimulates better circulation at the scalp, strengthening hair roots and promoting healthy hair growth.
- Excellent natural hair detangler.
- Helps seal the hair cuticle resulting in soft, smooth and shiny hair!
- Has antifungal, antibacterial and anti inflammatory effects.
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
- 1 Jar
- 1 Bottle with nozzle tip (or spray bottle)
- 1 cup Filtered or purified water
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar (We recommend using Bragg's ACV)
- 10-20 drops Essential Oil (depending on desired level of scent) (see below for oil suggestions)
- Add all ingredients to the jar and shake well.
- Separate out 1/4 cup of the rinse into a bottle with a nozzle tip (or a spray bottle).
- Save the remaining mixture for later in a sealed jar at room temperature.
- After shampooing, squeeze out excess water from hair.
- Working in sections, use the nozzle tip to part your hair and gently distribute the rinse throughout your scalp.
- Massage the rinse into the scalp with your fingertips or scalp massager, then comb throughout the length of your hair.
- Leave the mixture in for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Follow with conditioner if desired.
- Repeat 2 times per week.
Some favorite Essential Oils and their hair and scalp benefits:
- Lavender Oil – can promote hair growth and heal dry scalp and hair.
- Rosemary Oil – can promote hair growth, slow the graying process as well as treat dandruff and dry scalp.
- Chamomile Oil – can add shine and softness to your hair and help soothe your scalp.
- Cedarwood Oil – can promote hair growth and provide relief to a dry irritated scalp.
- Lemongrass Oil – can strengthen hair follicles, provide significant relief to dandruff and has cleansing and deodorizing properties.
- Peppermint Oil – can promote hair growth and treat dandruff.
What are your favorite Essential Oils to use in your ACV hair rinse? #giveitaglow